supporting the academic study of the phenomenon of atheism
through religious history & across world cultures
- to support academic research and scholarship on the phenomenon of atheism.
- to promote the introspective study of atheism as a multifaceted religious phenomenon whose study is necessary for the understanding of religion in general.
- to make available to scholars the lastest and best in contemporary scholarship on the historical and multicultural dimensions of atheism, with a particular emphasis on phenomenology.
- to advocate for the inclusion of Atheism Studies in the American Academy of Religion and university-level Religious Studies departments.
- to encourage the idea of atheism being an inherent and positive component within all cultures and religions.
- to create an online library, gathering together texts that would otherwise be difficult to find, to make CSA an effective research center for topics in atheism and religion.
site origin: 14nov98
- Course descriptions
- Fellowship events
- Financial aid
- Atheism Resource Center
- Atheism Studies email list